Wisdom can help you build wealth, and if it comes from King Solomon, it is going to be even better. It cannot be denied that King Solomon was one of God’s favorites and one of the richest men of all time. Furthermore, smart investors know how to make their money grow and how to grow wealth. It takes a sharpening of your talent and skills to get more money, which is exactly what King Solomon did. So, if you are at a loss how to build wealth, start by considering King Solomon’s principles more seriously.
King Solomon and his principles
Here are some of the principles or proverbs coming from King Solomon which may help you in accumulating wealth, and gain wisdom too:
1. PROVERBS 14:23: “In all labor there is profit: but the talk of the lips tendeth only to penury.”
Solomon here talks about the exigency of hard work if you want to succeed and obtain profit. Here profit signifies prosperity, ascendancy and control. There are many who simply talk rather than taking action. So, you need to take action and repeated ones in order to see fruitful results.
2. PROVERBS 15:16: “Better is little with the fear of the LORD than great treasure and trouble therewith.”
Absolute treasure is in respect and fear of the Lord. Nothing is as great as the Lord for, if you respect and fear God, you will have peace of mind. A rich man may live the life of a beggar if he cannot have peace of mind.
3. PROVERBS 14:4: “Where no oxen are, the crib is clean: but much increase is by the strength of the ox.”
This principle is based on the idea that assets act as the catalyst in our lives. Just as it is important to have oxen in order to plough the field, you need assets to grow wealth. However, don’t forget you will have to work in order to make the money grow.
4. PROVERBS 14:34: “Righteousness exalteth a nation: but sin is a reproach to any people.”
Even if you “sow a seed” you would not see results if you are sinner. God isn’t going to bestow blessings on you in the presence of sin. Therefore, you will have to lead a life free of sins and only then may you see abundance and growth of your wealth.
5. PROVERBS 15:6: “In the house of the righteous is much treasure: but in the revenues of the wicked is trouble.”
A passage from the Lord’s prayer goes like this – “… let your will be done on earth as it is in heaven”. God wants a kingdom on earth which is going to be the mirror image of the kingdom in heaven. The main point is if you strive to be righteous you are going to be wealthy both in the actual financial sense and symbolically too.
These are only some of the principles which King Solomon followed to establish himself as the wealthiest and the most successful person on earth. (Top image: Flickr | Klearchos Kapoutsis)
* Adrian Collins has written several articles for various financial sites. He has expertise in debt related matters and has made contributions through various articles.
* Read more Solomon Success articles
The Solomon Success Team